Questioning reality today...Who thinks we never really landed on the moon?

I mean I never questioned it at all until my friend came over to lunch and she said she doesn't believe we ever did land on the moon she thinks it was a hoax. Her reasoning....WE'VE NEVER BEEN BACK. I was like really, we haven't? Nope we tried with apollo 13, we've been on missions into outerspace BUT NEVER EVER have we set foot on the moon again.....SO WHY??? DO YOU BELIEVE???

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 11:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We have had 6 MANNED moon landings.
    Apollo 11 [July 20, 1969]:
    [1] Neil Armstrong
    [2] Buzz Aldrin

Apollo 12 [November 19-20, 1969]:
    [3] Pete Conrad
    [4] Alan Bean

Apollo 14 [February 5-6, 1971]:
    [5] Alan Shepard
    [6] Edgar Mitchell

Apollo 15 [July 31–August 2, 1971]:
    [7] David Scott
    [8] James Irwin

Apollo 16 [April 21-23, 1972]:
    [9] John W. Young
    [10] Charles Duke

Apollo 17 [December 11-14, 1972]:
    [11] Eugene Cernan
    [12] Harrison Schmitt

We have also had several unmanned landings.

We just don't need any more trips to the moon right now. We are looking ahead to Mars.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have never really doubted it before. What would be the benefit to claiming we did though?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Been there done that. We are onto bigger and better exploration. You conspiracy theorists are unbelievable.  Seriously.

Mel.Ann.Choly

Answer by Mel.Ann.Choly at 11:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• This has been a conspiracy theory for a long time. Why have we never been back? We went back one more time (remember the golf ball?) in 1972, but it is expensive and there is not much more to learn by landing on the moon again.

You do know we have moved on to Mars, correct?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I was just thinking it was pretty odd that we never went back either. I never gave it much thought really till she said something. We did try to go back so it must have been pretrty important when Apollo 13 almost didn't get back, so I think it would be pretty obnoxious to say we are on to bigger and better things now.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• If we've already been there, then what reason do we have to go again? If our technology is advancing then why not reach for things further away? I believe we've been there...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• And I am not a conspiracy theorist, I just wonder how many others thought like she did.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• This is so stupid. Who's go the crack, because it seems as though some people around here are smoking it this morning. One question though. Do you believe in God? A Higher Power of some sort? You've never actually seen this Higher Power have you? So why do you believe in it then?Millions of people watched as we landed on the moon. Yeah, maybe it was all a hoax and they spent a ton of time and money filming Joe Schmo walk around some t.v. studio made to look like the surface of the moon. Why not? I'll believe that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• you mean like a conspiracy theorists?
    Mel.Ann.Choly

Answer by Mel.Ann.Choly at 11:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We'll be back to the moon soon. The Chinese have a manned moon mission in the works and NASA plans to go back as a launching pad to get to Mars. There was a shift in what kind of exploration was being done and there was still lots to learn in near Earth orbits. No conspiracy. BadAstronomy.com has an excellent page debunking the Moon Landing Conspiracies.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 11:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2009