DO YOU THINK POWDERED MILK IS NUTRITIONAL?

WHEN WE SWITCHED MY DD FROM FORMULA TO WHOLE MILK SHE HAD BAD DIARRHEA SO THEN WE PUT HER ON 2%, SHE IS A VERY PICKY EATER AND DOESN'T WANT TO TAKE HER VITAMINS SO I WANTED TO KNOW IF NESTLE NIDO IS A GOOD REPLACEMENT FOR 2% MILK!?

ELIZABETHSMO902

Asked by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, to be powdered it needs some sort of preservative, and drying agent so that right there makes me not believe in it's nutrition. I am always iffy with any Nestle product because they are all about money, not the health of their consumers.

Have you tried goats milk? It is easier to digest. Hemp milk is also super healthy for you.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Is she still having trouble on the 2%? The only difference is the amount of fat in it...the nutritional values are the same. So I'm not sure I follow needing vitamins and switching to a powdered milk?

If she's having trouble with 2%, I'd speak to the pediatrician about what to try next.

How does she do with other dairy products? Milk, in and of itself, isn't totally necessary...the nutrients in it are available in other foods.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Have you considered soy milk? Your daughter may be lactose-intolerant.
    Anonymous