I FEEL LIKE ALL WE DO IS FIGHT HOW DO I STOP IT

WELL I HAD MY SON AT A YOUNG AGE. MABY TO YOUNG. I DEFFENTLY STRUGGELED WITH HIM. AND DO BLAM MYSELF FOR ALOT OF HIS BAD BEHAVIOR. THE FIRST FIVE YEARS OF HIS LIFE I SPENT MOST OF THE TIME OUT AND LET BABYSITTERS AND FAMILY TAKE CARE OF HIM. HOWEVER I FINALY GREW UP WHEN I GAVE BIRTH TO MY TWINS THAY ARE 6 NOW AND WE HAVE A ROUTINE FOR EVERY DAY I TRY NOT TO GET AWAY FROM IT . WELL THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR THE LAST SIX YEARS AND UNFORTUNITLY THE MOST IMPORTANT YEARS ARE 0-5 NOW MY SON HAS IMPROVED BUT HIS BAD BEHAVIOR IS BEING PASSED ON TO HIS SISTERS. I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. I HAVE BEEN ON THE VERG OF A BOYS HOME FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS. HOW DO I HELP HIM COME AROUD AND STOP THE FIGHTING BETWEEN US.

dreamer774

Asked by dreamer774 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• it takes 2 to fight.

don't yell/respond to him when he is fighting/arguing. just tell him you won't take part in it and walk away- and later when he wabts to go out with friends or watch a movie oor play with is Playstaion- just tell him no.- why? because of his disrespectful behavior/disobedience earlier.

There is a really good book called Parenting Teens with Love and Logic. I strongly advise you read it. it has lots of good ideas.

http://www.amazon.com/Parenting-Teens-Logic-Updated-Expanded/dp/1576839303/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• He already feels like he wasn't so important to you when he was younger...and he can see the difference in how things are now. The last thing I would do with him is to send him away! He needs to know he is just as important to you as the twins. And I also think it is a bad sign that you are even blaming any bad behavior on the part of the twins on your son! All kids are imperfect and I am sure the twins would exhibit some bad behavior without your son's influence on them. Please don't make him the scapegoat for everything that goes wrong in the family because that will only make him worse. He needs discipline but he needs it from a loving and committed parent. He needs to know he always has a place in your heart and in your home and he was not the mistake you made too early in life!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:48 AM on Apr. 2, 2009