TMI: i am having the feeling my cycle is flowing down, but when i wipe its a thick mucus looking discharge what is that should i be concerned

msjerrica

Asked by msjerrica at 12:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? It could be your mucous plug. Or it could just be more vaginal discharge than usual, since hormones play a role in production of your normal discharge.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 12:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My dischrage has increased big time. Everything I have read says its normal. Your hormones are in overdrive and it makes more. I also have a constant nasal drip down the back of my throat. The excess water and what not you are doing for baby just makes this stuff happen more. As long as it doesn't smell funny its probably not an infection. Mine has had a very light green tinge to it, like boogers, and my midwife said it was most likely bits of my mucus plug breaking off as it gros/regenerates as everything shifts and moves around.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 1:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009