• In the Spotlight:

Did you wear the hospital gown when you gave birth or your own?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 12:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The hospital gown. When you give birth you may be sweaty and icky, the gown gets all wrinkly and unpleasant, including if they lay the baby on your chest immediately after birth before cleaning the baby up. So save your nice gown for when you are both cleaned up and can enjoy the fresh feeling of a clean and pretty gown. In fact, you may want to treat yourself to a couple pretty new nightgowns, nursing gowns or something that would work for that if you are going to breastfeed, or just something feminine and nice. You'll be ready to feel good about yourself, and something fresh and new is a morale booster, (besides your fresh and new baby. Heh! )

Answer by Bmat at 12:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I am giving birth at home, but will either be naked or in my own dress. Birth is NOT that messy! and it all washes out lol. Be comfortable. Hospital gowns are not comfortable! :) Wear what you want to.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well i haven't given birth yet but I plan on wearing something of my own. In a hospital with needles (which i HATE lol) and pumps and all that wirey good stuff I just want to feel comfortable laying in a bed for what seems like forever! lol
    mommyin08of09

Answer by mommyin08of09 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• mommy, you aren't stuck in bed! don't let them strap you in a bed, it makes things a lot worse! trust me! :) walk around. mobility is your best bet for a smooth labor, and you don't want to walk the halls worrying about your butt hanging out! haha
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes I did. I don't know about you ladies.....but what I was wearing and the comfort of it was the LAST thing on my mind...if it was on my mind at all....

And if you ask me it DOES get PRETTY messy that first time you get up after birth to go to the bathroom =x And blood stains unless its washed like...immediately.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I did. But I wasn't able to wear a bra. I was hoping that I'd be able to just wear a tank top or a camisole or at least a sports bra...but I was told to take off all my clothes and put on the gown. I think they do that to put you in gear for breast feeding. The pocket even flipped down so your boob can come out. Sneaky bitches!!
    Anonymous