Naked Child at the Zoo!!!

We went to the Tampa Zoo Saturday. There was a girl around 1 and a half that was playing in the water area naked. I know she was little, but this was wrong. There were a lot of people sitting on benches watching the children. My son in 21 months and we wouldn't let him play in there. The mom was taking pictures of her standing on the water (it shoots out of the ground). What do you think of this?/

cassey.e

Asked by cassey.e at 12:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it was poor parenting skills. You don't allow your children to do such things.
    Anonymous

• I'm wondering why the zoo employees weren't prohibiting this.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't care. She's a baby! Many countries babies run around naked at water parks all the time! I have seen it before, and will see it again, and it doesn't bother me one bit!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Maybe that kid had an accident and that's why she was naked. Yeah, the mom should've got her dressed, but letting her play in the water for a bit isn't going to hurt anything.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You wouldn't let you toddler play in it because there was a naked toddler running around? Gah, parents these days make no sense? What do you think he would think? Nothing more then there's someone else enjoying the water!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• she should of had some form of diaper on. Just as a hygiene thing. If she was at a public pool should would have been required to wear one. As for the naked part well I have a 3 yo that perfers to run around naked at home despite being dressed several times a day by us or herself. I don't think I'm a bad parent.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• If your at home I don't think it's a big deal but if your out in public children need to be dressed.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• celticreverie

I don't care. She's a baby! Many countries babies run around naked at water parks all the time! I have seen it before, and will see it again, and it doesn't bother me one bit!

We don't live in "other countries" we live in the United States! I would have said something to park management. I think it was an inappropriate (and classless) thing to do at a PUBLIC place!

Common sense and decency really need to make a comeback!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't let my child go naked in public ever. With all the creeps and pervs out there you never know who's watching. What if a pedophile saw and followed the family home? Yeah I'm a little paranoid but I'd rather be safe then sorry.
    Anonymous

• i live on a beach and everyone who has kids under the age 2 dont have anything on. - who cares.they r babies.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009