is it ok for me to drink 2% evaporated milk with water instead of regular milk?

im currently 32 weeks but it seems like regular milk causes me to get a headache, get too much acids and vomit, but drinking 2% evaporated milk mixed with half of water seems to work, but i dont know if it is too fattening?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 12:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• just look at the calories on the evaporated milk that should tell you what fats and nutrients and calories your getting. You don't add anything from water because its water. Personally that sounds really gross lol, but hey whatever tastes good to you!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 12:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Remember that too much dairy keeps the body from absorbing iron. Ask your doctor how your iron level is doing. My first 3 babies, I did not know this. With my last, I decided to do an experiment and get my calcium from other sources other than milk (i'm not a big milk drinker anyway, but I do love cheese).

With each visit, my midwife would exclaim how perfect my iron was and how my level was better than anyone other patient. LOL How funny!

Calcium is a MUST but you can get it most nuts, peas, squash, broccoli, limas, spinach, carrots, avacado, cantalope, apples, banana's, peachs, grapes, strawberries, tom., kiwi, and many more foods. Eating these foods do not have to be so calorie laden. And will supply many more health benefits including more vitamins than a glass of milk. :) Hope this gives you some ideas. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• you are right is just that everyone tells me i have to drink a lot of milk to get the calcium from it and also that i should drink lots of it so when my baby is born i will have a lot to feed her lol i guess its just wives tales
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 6:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i mean old wives tales
    maryfer