SAHM: What do you do with your two/three year old during the day?

Just curious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• We work on ABC'S,123's, Shapes, colors.
    He plays with his toys.
    Now that the weather is getting nice, we go for a walk everyday and to the park at least 3 times a week.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My son is 2 and half. He gets up at about 7:30 a.m., has breakfast, plays with his toys for a little bit, then at 9 a.m. I take him to preschool. At noon I pick him up and he has lunch, we play for a little while, then he takes a nap at about 1:30. He wakes up from his nap at about 4 and we usually go outside and do something...(playground, play in the backyard, feed the ducks). He usually wants to watch Mickey on tv after that. Then it's pretty much dinner, bath, brush teeth, read and bed.....repeat the next day :)
    Kimpossible

Answer by Kimpossible at 12:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We have an outing in the morning - sometimes a Mommy & Me class, sometimes the park, occasionally an "adventures" like a ride on the city bus. In the afternoon, we run errands, play in the backyard, and have "art" time. She has plenty of free time to play with toys or to "help" me with chores. ABC's and other "academic" things are worked in all throughout the day, we don't have "sit down and learn" lessons since that's not how preschoolers learn best. Every day is a little different.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When he wakes up its Seaseme Street and breakfast, followed by some sort of learning game, we play with his ABC blocks or his Memory Number Cards, or we practice sign langue. Then he watches little einsteins while I check my email and stuff. After that I spend a lot of time on the floor with him playing with his toys, or reading him stories. Then after lunch he goes down for a nap. And I play with my 4 month old. If only I could get them on the same napping schedule! When he wakes up we have a snack and go out. Either to the park, back yard, for a walk, anthing to get out of the house for a little while. Then older kids get hom from school and play with them for about an hour while i'm making dinner. Once daddy gets home they wrestle and play hide and seek around the house. Dad reads him a story, big sister or big brother give him a bath and we just let him play while we are relaxing after dinner.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We would color, craft, watch TV, play outside...anything we felt like doing.
    Anonymous