How to get rid of baby acne on a 4-5yr old

All my kids had baby acne when they were first born, but my younger two grew out of it. My oldest is now 5, and still has some on her face. It never seems to go away.. our kids dont eat fried foods. Maybe twice a month. They eat more than the suggested amout of fruit and veggies. They drink milk, water, juice only. I asked the doctor and they said to try some non perfumy lotion. I am not so sure on putting lotion on her face. Anyone have any ideas?

MSully3

Asked by MSully3 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• that's not baby acne, that's regular acne lol

try a dermatologist if it's bothering you.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 12:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Try Baby Phisoderm. Also, fried foods do NOT cause acne, that is a myth. Wash twice a day with warm soapy water. Talk to the doctor if it is bothering you that much.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I put lotion on my kids' faces all the time because they have eczema. Just avoid getting it too close to the eyes.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Renee,
    Actually they all have eczema, But we have controlled it with lotioning them with Aveeno. Would that be ok on her face as well?
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2009