Trying to budget...

Which diaper is cheaper for newborns? pampers or huggies? and how much ?Any moms know?

logansmom911

Asked by logansmom911 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pampers are cheaper, and I actually like them better. It's always best to buy the really big box because you're paying less per diaper. There's usually coupons in the Sunday paper, so I always find where they are on the best sale for the week, and then use a coupon.
    Just a tip, you can use a manufacturer's coupon and a store coupon. For example, a lot of times I get a $2 off pampers coupon for pampers for my local grocery store, so I'll use that and a $1.50 manufacturers coupon for pampers, so I wait for pampers to go on sale at the store and then use my coupons. The best I've paid for a big box so far is $15. They're usually around $20
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• They are about the same. Luv's is actually cheaper. Cloth diapers are the cheapest in the long run. I can spend 200 dollars on diapers and they will last until she potty trains, so that is cheaper!

There is almost a 2 dollar difference with Luv's then Pampers or Huggies.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• For everyone of my kids I buy a few different brands for when they are born, then I see what works best for them. For some the store brand was fine for others it was only huggies or only papmpers, some brands will work better for chubby babies and some for slimmer babies, try a variety and go from there. I would try out diffrent brands as they got older also cause alot of times after they turn 6 months old you can go to store brands (for me it was mainly White Cloud by Wal-Mart) and have no issue's.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The both cost too much.
    We buy Luvs and they are just as nice and way cheaper
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Luvs, White Cloud, Parent's Choice, any store brand...are all cheaper than either Pampers or Huggies.

And most work just as well.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We started out with pampers and huggies, but luvs worked much better and were less expensive.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We get Huggies from Costco -- not too expensive and we like those a lot better than pampers.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009