Feel bad for my DH

He use to put my LO to bed every night but since we've stopped swaddeling him he will not go to sleep for him AT ALL! My hubby would rather swaddel him again but I don't want to do that just because he can't go to sleep.
As soon as I start rocking him he goes right to sleep and sleeps the WHOLE night. So no more swaddeling!
I told hubby that he'll be able to rock him to sleep again...

My question is will he be able to get LO to sleep again? Maybe when he's older? Is there anything I can do so that hubby doesn't feel like his son hates him?

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 12:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it goes in stages - also, if your husband wants to swaddle him, he may sense his frustration when he's trying to rock him which upsets him more -my son used to go back and forth on who he'd fall alseep with - I still cannot get him to fall alseep rocking him but my husband can do it -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Why don't you want him to be swaddled anymore? As long as it's comforting for the baby, I don't see why you shouldn't.
    Your husband will find something else that works for him and your lo eventually, it may take a little time though. I nurse my son and then put him down before he falls asleep, and my husband does the baby bounce with him and holds him really close. You'll both have your thing, but it takes time, and changes over time
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Your could try putting the baby to bed before he gets too tired. My lo loves daddy to rock her, but not if she's too tired, then she'll only go down for me.

Even if your husband needs to rock him for 30 minutes before he falls asleep (start 30 min before the regular bed time) it might be worth it. Tell him to read your lo books while he's rocking him. It passes the time more quickly for the parents and it's good for the baby to be read to.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• all babies go through stage with who the choose to be with and for the most part it's mommy! They instinctively feel more comfortable with you. Your husband will have his time don't worry! My son has just now started to really bond with my husband and he is almost 9 months old!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 1:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My ds is 9mo and he will NOT go to sleep with daddy. He'll let dh lay him down, but if he tries to cuddle with him or rock him then it's over. He won't cuddle with anybody except me, and a lot of times he just doesn't feel cuddly period.
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 1:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009