ok so im having a tug of war with my self....need help deciding which is better

im tied between using bleach and lysol for its disinfecting purposes and using vinegar and water and other natural cleaning agents- i have young kids in the house and im pregnant so i want something that is safe and natural but at the same time the touch of germaphobe in me wants to kill all the little germs and stuff lol so my question to u is- which is better? germ free or all natural? Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I use vinegar. Vinegar has natural disinfecting properties. And there is so much more you can clean with! I scrub oil off of the stove top using baking soda and lemon juice and it works better than anything else I've found. I'm an admin of a great group that could teach you more about these things. PM me if you'd like a link!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Alot of people will say all natural and they are probably right. I on the other hand use the lysol and cleaners like that. I just feel things are cleaner after I use them.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• They have new stuff coming out that is still a disinfectant and children safe. I cant remember tha name if it but I have seen it at Walmart, and also not sure how well it works. I was always understanding that after it has dried and evaporated off of a surface it was safe, so I have always just used bleach and Lysol. not sure if thats true though or not, just an assumption.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I like to use a disinfectant in the bathroom, but otherwise I just use regular cleaners. I don't feel the need to disinfect my kitchen, except that when I have raw chicken I use a little bleach to wash out the sink and the knife. But other than that just warm water and a cleaner. All natural is fine. There are a number available in the grocery store. Use disinfectants sparingly, since germs are getting resistant, or so I've been reading.

Answer by Bmat at 12:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• lysol! it takes care of everything! my husband and I swear by it! even if you had spilled kool-aid that sat there for a minute, spray some lysol and poof!!!! GONE!!!!!
    MrsG423

Answer by MrsG423 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I use Lysol for everything. I disinfect the bathroom and kitchen on a regular basis.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009