how can i get help with baby items for my baby on the way

well i have nothing for my baby boy on the way i was kick out a month ago by my boyfriend who want nothing to do with me . i can not afford much i work part time so if any one can help

Leah1985

Asked by Leah1985 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you have family? Now would be the time to ask for support.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• where r u from first of all?
    && second - there is a website called Freecycle.com - i got baby stuff of off this website - people post things they are giving away & its all free - now dont take advantage of it ( not saying you will ) but if def helps - they have bulks of baby stuff - also you can get cheap things from craigslist.com.... good luck.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• PLease look in the yellow pages alot of areas have pregnancy crisis centers that will give you things like cribs ect. Also do you have alot of family and friends if so register for a baby shower at walmart or target only put the things on it you are really going to need. Put an add of craigs list or free cycle.com saying you are in need of baby items. Make sure to hit your local thrift stores occasionaly as well.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• freecycle, craigslist, thrift stores. :)

I too would turn to family.

Remember, you don't NEED a lot of things. You need a carseat, you can breastfeed and that's free, you can cloth diaper and that's cheaper (and you never run out of diapers!), you don't need a crib. A secure place to sleep, if you don't co sleep yes: a crib, no. You can get an arms reach cosleeper (deskette is so cute) for 76 dollars, much cheaper than a crib.. or use a laundry basket!

You can do it!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• where in tx are you. I could do some searching for you. Im in Oklahoma.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Have a baby shower... or two. I had two. I got most of what I needed from that. It was great. Have one for your moms side and one for your dads side. Craigslist is a good idea. Never really heard of freecycle. But hope you get what you need. Good luck =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• craigslist and thrift stores..Also catholic charities will give u everything from clothes to diapers and you DO NOT have to be catholic or christian or any religion at that..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009