Vegas to get married??

Well I think the time has finally come for me and my fiance' of 13 years (only engaged 3 years) to get married in Vegas.
O.K. the question is... Does anyone have any ideas? Not to expensive. Also I will have my daughter and grandaughter with us Daughter 20yrs Grandaughter 1yrs.. And my parents will be with us. We will be going on a Friday morning and leave on a Sunday. Not very much time. So anything would!! Also does anyone now of any GREAT DEALS ??? Our flights will be covered by ariline miles.... Hotel?? Sites??? Marriage Chaples?? I know this is kind of cheesy. But at our age and the time in our lives we dont want a elaborate wedding... I think it could be fun..

JamiesMom08

Asked by JamiesMom08 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Now is the best time to find awesome deals. People aren't traveling or spending lots of money right now and Vegas is feeling the pinch just like everyone else. Do some online comparison shopping, don't be afraid to call hotels and ask for deals and tell them it's for a wedding. You will be surprised at how they'll work with you. Congratulations and tip your violinist (kidding, I'm a wedding violinist, gotta support my fiddling peeps...)
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• This is a good time to head to Vegas, however since you are going to be there on the weekends you are going to pay premium rates.
    As hotels go, check out some of the sites like orbitz, travelocity or go to the hotels sites themselves sometimes they will beat the others since you are dealing with them directly. If you dont mind waiting to see if you can get a deal once you are there - depending on the hotel here is what we do: Slip the desk clerk a 20 and tell him/her you want a better rate or an upgrade if it is available, explain you have never stayed in their hotel and several friends R waiting for your review on the accomodations. 99% of the time we get lower rates/better room/or lots of comps.
    Another option is a great site for discounts http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/index.cfm
    we bought their discount book for $35 last year and managed to have a 5 day vacation there for under $200 with it, including food/hotel/shows
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 11:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Thank you both for responding.. We changed the dates to May during the seek due to the cost of the hotels... It looks like I still need to do some searching.. I will look into the las vegas advisor..
    Thanks!!
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009