mini period?

2 days after i brought my baby home from the hospital we saw blood in her diaper. not a lot but it concerned me because i'm a first time mom. we called the hospital and they said its a mini period.

has anyone else ever heard of this before and how long does it usually last?

mommy2be32509

Asked by mommy2be32509 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard of it but both my daughters never had it but sometimes they get it because from being inside of you they have your hormones running through them so when they are born it's their bodies way of getting rid of your hormones
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When I took my daughter to the doctor for her well baby c/u they told me that sometimes this can happen. I was shocked, never knew that! But he explainede it id from all the hormones during birth and if I shuold see some blood, not to be alarmed. My daughter did not have thins, but I do know it exists.
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 12:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My daughter went through that. Good thing my mom was right next to me while I was changing her diaper, she told me it was normal. It's just the baby getting rid of your hormones-totally natural.

Make sure to wipe it well because if it dries on it's tough to wipe it all off- especially if they still have their umbilical chord and you can't dunk her in the bath.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Mini-period is a funny way of putting it... it's "like" a mini-period but don't worry, your baby's uterus is not ripe for fertilization... baby's just reacting to the hormones in your body. don't worry about it. It won't last long.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009