yes i get WIC .. got a problem with that?

I was in the grocery store picking up the WIC and a few toehr things and the lady in line ahead of me kept straing at me.. i asked her waht was wrong and she went off on a tangent about how she would be happy to pay fir my food and shes not working either and all people on wic should have to have thier tubes tied..i wanted ot hit her so badly... so do you think al people on wic are bad?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Honey when people see others getting assistance there is a tinge of jealousy plus they automatically think that person is lazy. Because a majority of people on welfare are lazy good for nothing sit at home assholes who drink 40's all day long and call you snotty because you want even speak to them! Hell yea I see it and I can't stand that mess. But also you have some people who hits a rocky path in the road and needs a little assistance sometimes. No you are not a bad person, sometimes we just come to bad situations. Rich people can be bad too you know...look at that investment guy who cheated investors out of billions and billions of dollars!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• that's just rude and obnoxious...i was on WIC when I was pregnant..there is nothing wrong with getting some help to feed your kids healthy food
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• As a young mom years and years ago my dh was in the airforce and made nothing hardly so we were on it. It did help. Im greatful it was in place to help. I just had a baby last April and we probably could have qualified for it again because of our family size but I refused. I figure my child wont starve without it. I feel good I didnt have to get help this time araound. That woman should have minded her own buisness. I can see why tax payers are pissy though but they should take it up with people who can actually do something like legislators. People are tired of seeing people who dont deserve the help get it while they struggle. Then there are those that truly need it. I have a cousin who last year her husband recieved 7 grand for a car accident, They still got food stamps of about 500 month. They blew through it within a month. Now she still gets them and she buys her kids all kinds of games, clothes, ipods cell phones beca
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• because she dosent have to buy groceries so you can see why people could be a little upset especially if they are struggling. I do know some people need it though and you shouldnt feel like a bad person.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• That woman was obviously overwhelmed and misinformed. WIC is intended to help low to moderate income families get nutritious food. I'm guessing she was down to her last couple of bucks, having to consider assistance, and ready to be mad at . . .you.

Either way, don't let it get to you. If you need the help, that's what it's there for. You never know, she might have baby envy too. As long as you're not manipulating the system, you and I are good. ;D
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• wic is for any child and pregnant/ nursing mother! at first i was not going to sign up, but then why deny my child the extra nutrition? and when it comes down to it i belive the government should extend wic to seniors as well, and cut out welfare mostly all together. and when you get approved for welfare, it would be for only 18 months. after that long if you still need help, your case should sent to investigations! my oipnion on welfare comes from watching people i grew up with who have been getting section 8, food stamps, welfare to work, and disability since before i was born. and every time i have been over there, you only find popcorn, and a few other snack items, and the rest of the cash that is distrubeted goes to drugs and ciggeretts! and due to the drugs she has lost most of her teeth, and the government just paid for her to have the remaning rotting teeth removed, and replaced with dentures! so dont feel bad.
    teenagemama19

Answer by teenagemama19 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• sorry for the rant, but it is because of people like the lady i know that give the lady in the store and others their idea about all government aid.
    teenagemama19

Answer by teenagemama19 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I've got a friend who is on WIC because and only because her husband was recently disgnosed with brain and lung cancer. They have six children and my friend can't work because she's taking care of everyone! People really need to put themselves in another's position before being rude like that.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I get wic. Nobody has said anything to me, if they did I would tell them I guess I'll buy my babies soda because it's cheaper than milk which I can't afford lmao! I wish they would cut the milk/cheese a bit and offer veggies or fruits instead, but I'm grateful for the assistance!!
    Anonymous

• No problem at all. Obviously you care about your children to ensure that they receive proper nutrition. That just makes yo a good mama. BTW, WIC is going to start offering fruits and veggies soon.

If it happens I would say: "I pay my taxes so that programs like this can exists, and if I am entitled to receive the benefits, so be it. I bet you won't be complaining when my tax dollars take care of you when you are elderly so mind your own, hon."
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009