18 month old and 13 year old share a room - need suggestions.

My son is 18 months and my step (bonus) son is 13. They have shared a room since the baby was born in 2007. Bonus son is only here on the weekends. I would like to make the room where they can both play in there happily (bonus son is a lego freak) and with plenty of room. Right now the room has a crib, a double bed, a desk, and 2 plastic drawers for clothes. There is also a huge wall shelf over bonus son's bed. The baby's toys are in the living room. I would like to be able to put the baby's toys in his (and brother's) room without much fuss.

Bonus son has expressed the fact that he wants to keep his "big comfy bed" but if we have a smaller bed, or even a futon or hide-a-bed, it will open up so much room for them both to play (bonus son has a lego table that we've never brought over b/c there's just no room).

So, are there any suggestions

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Look into a "loft" bed or a 1/2 bunk bed. They have quite a few models that take up the same space as a twin/full bed, but have storage options underneath.

Try www.kiddieworldcenter.com or www.smartchoicefurniture.com or just search for kids loft beds in yahoo or google.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Maybe try a toy net, it's one of those nets that you hang in the corners of the room, the worked great for my mom when I was little and kept so much stuff off the floor.

Btw, i like how you call him your bonus son, shows you care about him :)
    Anonymous