How to get my 9 month old to sleep through out the night

I have a 9 month old little girl
Lately she been getting up allot during the night
most of the time she wants a bottle.
i try to keep her up later than i was n i tried feeding her before she goes to sleep.

any tips anyone can give me

eltlexi

Asked by eltlexi at 12:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How many nap does she take a day? my son wanted to take 3 naps a day and then stay up late, I would skip my sons evening nap and try to put him to bed alittle early and it work really well for me!
    Ariesmama4life

Answer by Ariesmama4life at 12:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You may want to start out with getting rid of one night feeding at a time. She may be going through a growth spurt in which case she needs to eat when she is hungry. My little one has slept through the night consistently since she was 6 weeks old. I don't really have much knowledge on how to get them to do this when they haven't done it on their own.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I agree with coala. I wouldn't give her a bottle at night. Babies her age should be able to go through the night without eating. I read somewhere you can start diluting her bottle alittle more with water every night and eventually she wont be as enthused to get up and take one. Good luck though my son doesn't eat through the night and he still wakes up a million time he's 9 months too
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 1:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Giving the baby a bottle in the middle of the night is setting a routine with her. If she knows that you're going to pick her up and feed her when she wakes up, she's not going to bother putting herself back to sleep. If she wakes up and you check on her and there's nothing wrong (she doesn't have a foot stuck between crib bars or something) then you should just leave her in there. She won't cry for long, and you'll break her of a bad habit. She needs to learn how to sleep through the night independently.
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 1:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009