would you think this was rude?

i was at the goodwill store and saw a pair of shoes that looked like something my sil would like so i sent her a pic of them just for the heck of it we send stupid pics to each other all day, and she was freakin out because she liked them, and wanted me to buy them for her, keep in mind she lives 18 hours away from me. i told her i have no money i was there looking for something i needed from walmart and was seeing if i could find it used first. and she got pissed off at me and asked how much they were i told her $3 plus i would have to mail them to her and i had NO extra money or i would and shes like yea sure you would then asked if i bought them and i said no and she stopped talking to me for the rest of the day untill that night and she was being a total jerk so i just stopped talking to her, am i wrong to think that this was totally rude of her to act like that because i wouldn't buy her something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• This woman is willing to torch a relationship over a pair of Goodwill shoes? Jeez, I hope nobody ever cuts in front of her in the line at Wal-Mart, we'll be seeing her on 60 Minutes saying "No pictures, no comments! Totally rude and I'd call her on the fact that it was rude.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes I think she was out of line. She should have said she will send you the money for the shoes and the shipping.

Answer by louise2 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think she definitely over reacted but also if you knew she'd really like them but couldn't buy them for her they you shouldn't have opened a can of beans by sending her a picture of them.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• She was out of line. If she wanted them she should have offered to send you the money for the shoes and the shipping.

Answer by Bmat at 1:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I can see both sides. It was almost like teasing to send her the pics but for her to not be more understanding of your financial situation is wrong too. I'd rummage thru my couch and washer/dryer if I had to and go buy the dang shoes and tell her that and then tell her when you can afford it, you will send them to her.
    I'm going to assume that she is very young?
    Those must be some really awesome shoes lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• She needs to understand that in these days nobody has all that extra money to trough around even if it was $3.00 you still have to pay shipping and if you only had the money to buy what YOU NEEDED, she souldn't be mad
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• There are two sides to this story . . .

Yes, she shouldn't have gotten so upset over a pair of $3 goodwill shoes. That was melodramatic and really out of line.

On the other hand, why did you text her the pic if you didn't intend on getting them for her. That's like saying "mmm . . . . here's a cheesecake . . . Oop! Noooo, you can't have that . . .shame on you for wanting it!!" See what I'm saying?

jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You are a TEASE!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I see both points. I think when sending the pic I would have stated I dont have extra money to get them and send them so if If I get them I will send them COD and expect my $3 back. I can see her point for getting angry because you sent the pic and then was not able to get them but she wasnt very understanding that you had no money. Still she was out of character for not speaking and acting like a jerk.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 3:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I also see both sides. She overreacted by not speaking to you, but if you couldn't afford to buy them for her, why send her the picture? Kind of like saying, I know you would love to have these but you can't! But yeah she was out of line to stop talking to you.
    Anonymous