How do you know when your really done haveing kids??

I have a 9 month old baby.I love her soo much. But I do want another kid one day. Whens a good time? My hubby goes to college and work. Will i always want another or will they be a point when i feel thats enought?? Also for you that has more then one kid ,did you worry that your first would feel loved enough.I worry that Malana will feel left out. She is my baby .will she always be even if i have another one.

Tweetybird5595

Asked by Tweetybird5595 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We were going to start trying for our 2nd when our 1st was 9 months, but we got pregnant a bit earlier than that =) We wanted the first two to be close in age so the first one would have an easier transition to having a sibling. I don't know if there will ever be a time that I won't want another- but I guess we'll see.

Don't worry about it not being "fair" to the older child. She'll love her younger sibling so much it won't matter. I'm sure she'll go through some attention problems at the beginning, but they always snap out of that eventually. If you love both children they will both feel that.

Start trying when you and dh feel ready. Everyone is different. You could always do the "we're not preventing, but we're not trying" tactic too.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yea i always thought I would always want more children. But my husband was DEAD set against more than 2 children, but once I had my daughter (my youngest) I knew that there was NO WAY IN HELL I wanted to do that again lol. And even if I would have wanted more, we wouldnt have because I married hubby knowing that he didnt' want ANY more than 2, and I wouldn't have let my desire for more children upset my marriage.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009