when did you and your SO go out after baby

i was just wondering when anyone went out after the baby arrived my son is going on 4 months old and we have not gone out by ourselves... it feels like we need a date night but i want to know when others started to leave the baby with a sitter for a night out

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was 2 months old first time we went out on a date, we left him wiht my hubby's boss and his wife. It was weird lol, and I called about 3 times, but we have fun and was needed
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't remember but actually when but I do know that our daughter was a fussy baby so if we did leave her she'd cry a lot. So we still left her with patient friends that knew what to expect and just went for dinner and then would come back and get her. So it would only be for an hour or so. I'd say that 4 months is good. Leave her with a trustworthy person and go have fun!
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My daughter was a little over month old, but we live 7 minutes away from both sets of grandparents so we could leave her with them. We only left for about an hour since I bf we couldn't leave her for long. It was hard, but it was worth it to connect with my husband again.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• 17 days old and I left her with my mom for 2 hours exaclty. It was SO's birthday and we had plans for dinner with a friend who has the same birthday.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my son was about 9 weeks old....we tried at first to have friday night date night, but somehow it doesn't happen but once a month if that! Make sure you have date night it is sooooo important!!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 1:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• DD is 6 months and we haven't yet. NOT because we don't want to but because she only takes my boob, not bottles. If she had taken bottles we would have had her with family for a couple hours by about 3 months!!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You're long overdue! It's hard at first, so keep it short if you want, but do it!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We didn't go out alone for a year after our son was born. I breastfed for a year but I just wasn't comfortable leaving him with anyone and it was our first baby and I knew if I missed him roll over or first word or first step I would never leave him EVER AGAIN lol so for us that is just what worked. I would say you know when you are ready. If you have someone you trust to leave him with now then go for it....for me I didn't trust anyone enough.

I am still kind of paranoid and if someone babysits they babysit at our house or there but I don't let anyone drive around with my baby in the car without me present. Just find something you are comfortable with.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• youre way over due... you need to do it cause you dont want your relationship to suffer! just start by going out to dinner and as hard as it is, try not to talk about the baby the whole dinner. !
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009