when do they reach for you

i was just wondering how old the lil one is before they reach for specific poeple

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My lo just started recently to reach for mommy or daddy but only when someone else is holding her. I haven't seen her reach to want to be picked up. By the way she is 9 mos.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My ds started reaching for us about a month ago. He started just doing it when he didn't want to be held by anybody else, but now he does it when he wants to be picked up also. He's 9mo.
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 1:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My now 10 month old has been reaching for either myself or daddy since he began to crawl at 8 months. He's definetly doing it way more now though. He will even crawl all over trying to find me if I sneak into the kitchen, He always finds me though.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 2:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My son kinda started doing it around 6 months. If someone's holding him and he wants to go to someone else he will turn towards them and lean forward. Sometimes he'll hold an arm out but he doesn't do it if he's on the ground or something and wants picked up. He just gives me that look lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My son started reaching at 7 months to be picked up and at 8 months to reach for different people.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009