I am concerned about my 15 month old son. He screams everytime he wakes-up. He goes to bed in his crib for naps and bedtime with no problem when I lay him down. But, once he wakes-up he is screaming and screaming, even if I pick him up he doesn't stop for a while. Does anyone have some insight on what could be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I doubt anything's wrong. My daughter goes in and out of stages of this. For a week or two she'll wake up and we'll just hear her talking to herself, singing... then for a period it's like she always wakes up on the wrong side of the bed. At one point I realized that if I went to get her too quickly she'd actually be in a worse mood. It was like she needed time to wake up. Your son probably just doesn't like that groggy feeling. I'm the same way -- and I think if I expressed a bad mood the way a 15 mo does (with tears), I would probably wake up crying every day too! I really wouldn't worry.. but you could try leaving him a few minutes to see if he calms down on his own.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Is he being woke up, when my son was around 2 yrs he screamed if he was woken and didn't want nothing to do with anybody.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my son started that and finally we took him to the Drs and he had ear infections. It is very common ear infections to bother them more at night because when they are laying down the pressure builds up. If it keeps happening I would take him to the Dr.
    MamaK0507

Answer by MamaK0507 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009