make the home feel like home

i want my home to feel and look more like a home not just a place to live does any one have any suggestions

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do you have a gay friend? Get him involved if you do. And while you're at it, send him my way because this place is a dump second only to the Bates Motel.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• That answer will probably vary for everyone. To me a home not just a place to live is comfortable. Pictures of your kids and family on the wall. I feel homier with candles and nice decorative touches.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• decorate, light candles, put up pictures, plant something, keep it neat and tidy, paint.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• What makes it a home is the memories. When you visit a place and see the quirkly little something that tugs at your heart, and you buy it, or even collect it if it is a certain stone or pine cone or sea shell, for example. Then you bring it home and place it where you can see it, and it reminds you of that time. The memories.

Answer by Bmat at 1:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have our home decorated with candles, pictures of our family, each room has a them as to what someone likes in the family, example our family room is done up like a lodge because that is what my husband likes, my kitchen has roosters because that is what I like there are so many was to make a house a home!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• People told me my home was like coming back home to grandmas lol. I always thought it was an insult until I realized that my home had more family oriented things than material items. for instance I still had pictures of family on the wall rather than one painting in the center of every wall. I had home interior on the walls and just old school stuff, photo albums to look at. I didnt and still dont have the latest furniture, stereo and all of that. A home is where the heart is and whats in your heart and the love you put into your house is what makes it a home.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009