why does my 9 month old son keep waking up at the dreaded 2 am WIDE AWAKE

He's not hungry he's not uncomfortably wet....hes happy and giggling and wanting to play...I do the whole "no talking and keeping it dark" thing so he will understand that it is time to sleep. He only takes two naps a day one at 11am about 2hours and one and 3ish about 30 min. he goes to be anywhere from 8 to 9 and is up and ready at 2 to start all over again...typically he ends up in the bed with me, playing with my hair, staring at the cat,pulling at my lips, lol and it's so hard not to think its cute but all in all i'm getting no sleep and Its making me more irritable throughout the day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Leave him in the crib. The second you take him out you're doomed. If you don't want to CIO then leave a toy or two in the crib for him to distract himself with.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, if you're bringing him to bed then he's learned that he can come play with you at that hour.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my dd is 9 months too and she does this too. i just rock her until she falls back asleep, usually take 10 min, and i let her know that i mean business. she's getting better though. gl
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My my 7 month old does the same thing. I just check on her and she just plays and talks herself to sleep. It really is cute though.
    VBeachMommy

Answer by VBeachMommy at 2:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009