how many children

i have one little boy almost 3 months old... my so and i had said in the beggining that we only wanted one child... i have a feeling that i will want at least one more but im not sure to early to tell ... i dont think my so will budge .... what do you think about just one child.. there are a lot of cousins, neices, nephews, and others his age so he will grow up close to them... we want to beable to give him it all to help with everything... we are not sure if we can divide the time between more than one... i guess im asking what you think about a only child?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was an only child and never really longed for a sibling b/c I knew my parents weren't fit to have more. And I don't mean that in a bad or rude way.
    My daughter might be an only child but we haven't fully made our decision yet. She is now 2 years old. She has lots of cousins that we live by that are in her age group to play with and grow up with. Do what is best for your family. For mine one is good.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I used to be dead set against having an only child because I grew up with sibilings and loved it. I also have met many only children that are a bit too attached to their parents, but I now know that it is all in how they are raised. I have a 7 mo old dd and have come to terms with the fact that I could not do this first year over again. She is a high need baby and drains everything out of me everyday. I know that all kids are different, but I would not dare to have another. I think as long as your child gets out and plays with others and you teach them to share and teach them sometimes you don't get everything you want, then you will be fine. JMO.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think it is fine to only have one..Your SO might change his mind in a couple years.

Answer by louise2 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with having an only child. I can't picture it, though, since I come from a family with 4 kids (I'm the oldest and was only an only child for 18 months!), my husband's family had 5 kids (he's the youngest). We have 3 kids.

My oldest son was only an only for 3 1/2 years. lol
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 2:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My ex is one of 8. I am one of 3. I have 5. I don't think it makes you satan for only having one however, I cannot imagine being an only child nor can my children.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009