What kind of indoor activites

do you do with your 16 month old, if any?

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would build forts out of blankets and the table and chairs. And then read stories inside our "tent". I try to let them lead the playing and then just follow them, I think it helps their imaginitave play.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 2:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My son loves to color. Anything from crayons to markers to paint with water to bathtub fingerpaints. I made play dough from scratch (in case he was tempted to eat any of it) and we've had a great time with cookie cutters and play dough. I've found wooden train sets and Leap Pads at thrift stores in the past and those are always a big hit. And when all else fails, we sing!
    AutmnDreams

Answer by AutmnDreams at 2:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We also do the fort thing but we have one of those kids tents. We do whip creamed messy play time, coloring and music play. He also like movie time in his crib for some reason he gets a kick out of that.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I just discovered by almost 18 month old LOVES to hunt for Easter Eggs. It was raining all weekend and we just hid the plastic eggs inside in his room. He got an Easter Basket and loved searching for them! This would also work for a 16 month old, I think. It is cheap, fun and easy! You can also hide cheerios, crackers, etc. in the eggs if you want.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2009