Do you get dirty looks when you use your WIC/EBT???

I get WIC and I have YET to be looked down on, nor has anyone ever made a rude comment to me about it when I was using it...I sometimes wonder if the people that post things on here about comments that people make to them to start drama...Or maybe its just the way those people carry themselves?? Has anyone ever said anything to you when you were using WIC or Food Stamps???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I DONT GET LOOKS OR ANYTHING... WE ALL NEED HELP EVERY NOW AND THEN ITS OUR TAX DOLLARS THAT PAY FOR IT WHY NOT USE IT WHEN WE NEED IT
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Usually when using my WIC i think people get more annoyed by the extra time it takes for the cashier to ring it up. It's not that much longer but occasionally I've gotten the impatient sighs behind me....
    Anonymous

• i dnt get looks - i just got on wicc - Its there if you need it && some people do - Its not cool to abuse the system for stuff - that i agree with - but for us who need it and can really use it , its def a big help - People are very helpful actually about my wicc checks & helping me with getting into the flow of using it..... People are just too judgemental on here & have to much "pride" to get help if needed - But if they got into a rough spot and had no choice - they would take it.....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't get bad looks or rude comments either.
    Anonymous

• I have never gotten dirty looks or comments, with the economy the way it is, there are more and more people getting assistance.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• If my EBT card isnt swiping and they have to manually do it, I get irritated people around me. I hate when I have someone behind me with 2 things and I have a bunch. It's always at that time I get those sighs too. I am just embarrassed also for being on it, so maybe it's just me wondering what they are thinking.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• lol..bubbymom...my card doesnt swipe either..i have never gotten any rude comments for using ebt or wic but for some reason when my husband goes, he gets the Asshole cashiers that actually open their mouths that someone brought them wic checks..my husband usually makes an ass out of the cashiers and gets them demoted and there's almost Always someone behind him also w wic checks making the situation kinda funny. he has had to put cashiers in their places becuase he's seen them make other moms cry just for using them.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have never used them and I have never seen anyone in all my years of cashiering at a grocery store have rude remarks made when they were used. I think many make stuff up to get sympathy or try to prove some point. We have a lot of martyrs here at Cafemom. Anyone can make anything up.

Some have huge egos and think that everyone is looking at them. No one is even noticing them. Most people have lives and no time to sit around and judge welfare moms. The funny looks may not even be for you. Maybe if those moms would quit staring at everyone they would not see as much.lol
    Anonymous

• I get WIC and my son gets lactose free milk and there have been times (and its always an older woman) that looks at it and then at the check and then at me and back at the milk... asks if I am sure I can... then I say I've been getting it for two years now... they look back at the WIC check, and back to the milk.. I told one lady that she could scan it and it would go thru and if I was not able to get it, a message would pop up... And she said "I'll go ask my manager" and walked away for five minutes. I was giving her dirty looks then... LoL. And the lady in line behind me (who also had a WIC coupon) was making rude comments about the cashier while she was gone... But that's the extent of my dirty looks and rude comments.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Nope I never have. I think it's weird cuz it's not just me, I've seen people use EBT/WIC in line and nobody has ever been rude to them either. But then again, I also don't get rude comments from strangers which is also a problem I see mentioned a lot on here.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 2:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009