Does my dog know Im pregnant?

He keeps following me around and is acting very wierd, when I take him outside to go potty I sit in a lawn chair while all the other doggies go potty he lays down in the grass on his back by me and wont leave my side. when we get in the house he runs around and is always barking at me. nobody is at my home today and he went to my room and got under my covers and barked at me wanting me to go to bed with him. he has never acted like this before its like he thinks Im going somewhere and he wants to be next to me at all times even in the bathroom! does he know?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pets

• Yup - he knows. He can smell it. My dog laid on my tummy every evening in front of the tv and cuddled with me at night...I thought he had gone mad until I found out I was pregnant. He was very protective of me the whole pregnancy and he has been very good with the baby since then. In fact, I just found out I'm pregnant again and he was one of the first clues.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Maybe he knows your body is changing, dogs be trained to pick up on cancerous moles for example. I'd make sure to give him some extra tickles behind the ear and such. But don't let him get under the blanklets with you, dogs carry nasties in sometimes from outside. Look up obedience classes through your vet between your dog in question and the others you have. Maybe you'll get a discount on lessons for having more than one dog in class.
    Anonymous