Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I plan on moving out of the county about 2 hours ex says he is taking me to court and going to make it so I have to stay in the same county, is this possible? At the moment noone has custody, noone pays child support-they stay with him mostly because I work night shift (working on getting on days)

Answer Question

Asked by enuffizenuff at 2:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • No parenting plan? If there's a parenting plan then you have to file an intent to relocate with the court to which he can object. By law if there's a parenting plan then you have to do this. If not, then you are free to go.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • I don't think that's possible you will still be close enough my parents divorced when I was 9months old they lived in different counties. The only thing that could happen is they say you can't leave the state and/or country w/o the other parents consent. My dad got in trouble 4 that one, he took me and my sister out of the state w/o my moms permission, and he wasn't supposed to w/o consulting our mom

    Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.