when will my daughter start sleeping through the whole night?

cindyodopson

Asked by cindyodopson at 2:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, it really varies from kid to kid. There is no magic secret or super parenting tip. It's all up to the baby. Some people get lucky and have babies who sleep all night at a few weeks old. Some (like me) don't get a solid night of sleep until 1a year or later.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• This is different for every child. My daughter was 4 months old. My SIL baby is 10 months old and still doesn't sleep through the night.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm 23 and I STILL don't STTN. Never have. Some kids do it by 6 months, more do it by 1 year, and a few aren't ready to meet that MILESTONE until 2-3 years. And then the few like me never ever sleep through.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't think many people actually sleep ALL the way through the night Arisce. You might not sleep consecutively but I'm pretty sure you can soothe yourself back to sleep when you do wake up, right? I think that's what she means by asking when her baby will sleep through the night. As in, "when will I have to stop waking up to get my baby in the middle of the night?" And to answer the question, it will be when your baby is ready. Sometimes at a few weeks, sometimes 2 years!
    Anonymous

• every kid is different my oldest dd slept thro the nite since day 1 and my youngest still dont sleep thro the nite and she is 10 months old
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Depends... my son is 8 months and still is getting up 2-3 times/night
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my daughter is 6 weeks and she sleeps through the night. it varies child to child.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009