Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i get government housing as a single mom?

Answer Question

Asked by Arisen19 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • It really just depends on where you live at. Start buy looking in the government pages in the phone book under housing and make some calls. If you are in a large area there may be several offices and districts you can live in. If you cant find any numbers call your social service agency and get the number. Alot of them have huge waiting lists but it would be good judt to get your name on if you need the help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Housing Authority Details
    Housing Authority Of The City of Salem
    360 Church Street Se

    Salem, OR. 97301-3707
    Phone: (503) 588-6368
    Fax: (503) 588-6465
    Web Site:
    Services Offered: Rental Housing/Section 8


    Answer by okmommy08 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.