I have hpv could I have gooten from a past relationship and it's just showing up or did my current boyfriend give it to me?

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Health

• you could have gotten hpv from any man you've slept with, I would advice you to tell your current boyfriend so he can get checked
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• There is no way for us to know that. Either way its a possibility. You could have gotten it and not shown signs until now, that is very possible. I too have HPV, and I did not get my first outbreak until I had been broken up and sexless for about 4 months. Stress can bring on an outbreak.
    Or, you could have gotten it from your current bf and gotten an outbreak within 30 days, which is more typical.

Either way, you need to tell your bf (if you haven't already) and he needs to get checked out as well.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• HPV is passed on through genital contact. A person can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sex. Most infected persons do not realize they are infected or that they are passing the virus to a sex partner.

I have it to. I found out i had it when i was around 19 or 20. Its something noone knows they have until they are tested for it. I live a normal life and the only thing is i go to the doctor twice a year instead of once a year. My Dr. did inform me that HPV is normal much normal than everyone thinks it is and You should be fine!!!
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My boyfriend is scared to sleep with me what I do I need sex sorry tmi
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have HPV as well I don't know who I got it from. I was told that it can be contracted through condoms. I developed precancerous/abnormal cells on my cervix & I had two colposcopies plus LEEP procedure...minor day surgery. Males carry HPV & is hard to test for it in males. Plus they suffer nothing from having it. The only negative about a man having HPV is that they can pass it on to other females. But if a male gets HPV it's not like anything shows up on his body or get sick. Females barely notice HPV unless it comes up on a pap test.
    Anonymous

• If your boyfriend is scared to sleep with you, well, he has every right to be nervous about contracting something from you. However, if you use a condom, the chances of him getting something is very slim (if used correctly).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Ok what exactley is hpv?
    I don' have it but i was
    just wondering..........
    saraward08

Answer by saraward08 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• http://www.cdc.gov/STD/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm

That will tell you all you could want to know about HPV
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Thank you
    saraward08

Answer by saraward08 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009