What would you do if you found a phone on the ground?

I am so effing pissed!! My phone dropped while I was driving because I had to swerve to avoid some crazy driver, and obviously it must have fell out when I opened the door cuz it's gone. I kept calling it and calling til I thought the battery died, but the next day my hubby called and it rang. Then today I went to my phone company and bought a new one, kept the same number, and immediately got a text from some strange number as if they were talking to the person who stole my phone!! Why are people so selfish? I really needed it! ahhhhhhhhh seriously I'm 100% sure if I found a phone and no one was around, I would either give it to the police or call someone from their recent calls! People like him or her piss me the hell off!

sweetvietchic

Asked by sweetvietchic at 2:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I always either turn it in or call the numbers.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'd turn it in. I know what it feels like to lose a phone and I wish someone would have turned it in when they found it!
    Anonymous

• i would turn it in or see if there something on it they would tell me who the owner is and contact them that way
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• One time my mom dropped my phone in the parking lot of my building and someone turned it in. The manager called a couple of numbers and got a hold of my cousin, so she looked up my apartment number and got the phone back to me. I was so grateful, if I found a phone I would do the same.
    Anonymous

• It's easy enough to track down the owner of a cell phone. Some people are slime.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Recently a guy was in the news. A thief carjacked him in a parking lot. The guy was devastated and met with a friend at a pub to talk about what happened. They came up with the wild idea to text the carjacked guy's cellphone - which was left in the car - and pretend they were two hot girls with a bag of cocaine to share. The dumb thief believed the story and started texting back. The thief drove to where "the girls" were later that night only to be met by police and handcuffs. Brilliant. Sorry about your phone. I'm surprised you had to pay for a new one, Verizon has an $4 a month insurance plan that covers lost or broken phones. Just Verizon requires good credit.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 2:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes, of course we'd find the owner and turn it in. It makes me shake my head to think that somebody might not. We picnicked with another couple, and while we were walking back to the car our friend looked down and saw that somebody had dropped their phone. He picked it up so he could find the owner, and it turns out it was his own phone! He'd dropped it on the way to the picnic table. Since we were walking across a mowed area, not a pathway, it was a pleasant coincidence that we followed the same route that we had when we walked in.

Answer by Bmat at 2:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have found a cell phone before and I called the numbers programmed iin to the phone until i found a friend who helped me get the phone to the original owner. My son's gf lost a phone and it was never returned. We had to report it as lost ASAP and then when she got a new phone (she has it through our plan and she pays her part of the bill) we had to have the number changed to a new one.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes it is sad I had to buy another one..I'm already going broke as it is! It was supposed to be $100 but they gave me a $15 discount cuz I lost my phone, I guess that's better than paying full price, but if it had been a good person who picked it up, I wouldn't have spent that money in the first place.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 2:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have lost 2 or 3 cell phones, NEVER RETURNED. I have returned a few phones, so karma should be on my side. I found a phone once, but it was missing the battery. I looked around in the leaves and found it. Then after I put it back in, it rang, so of course I answered . . this jackass says "What are you doing with my phone?" UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM . . . you lost it, not me buddy . . . What a jerk! I gave it back though. So one time, this guy left his phone right on the bar, so I took it. He called and I said to meet me back at the bar. I had the phone for about 18 hours, because he left it the night before. Well, his big brawny girl friend (not his SO), made up this rumor to everyone that I called California and Puerto Rico and ran his bill up to $2000. What a moron! First of all, it's free to call California and P.R. . . . she's just mad because she looks like Wembly from Fraggle Rock!! No good deed goes unpunished!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2009