Why won't my daughter sleep at night?

My 8 month old daughter will go to bed just fine but then around 1am she will wake up. Not screaming or crying but playing in her crib! I try to go in her room and get her to go back to sleep but it doesn't work! When she finaly goes back to sleep she is up again an hour later, this goes on almost all night.

octoberlynn

Asked by octoberlynn at 3:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it's recent, it might be because she's learning new tricks (crawling, pullling herself up, ect.) she's just excited and wants to practice
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• She's pretty young, and her tummy is only as big as her fist. She probably gets hungry in the middle of the night. Babies aren't biologically meant to sleep all night. Just be patient, maybe move her crib to your room so you don't have to get up so much?
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• if she doesn't cry try leaving her alone and see what she would do next. maybe she would play and go back to sleep. I think If she was hungry, she would let you know.
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 3:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My daughter does the same thing.
    Talks to her feet all the time haha
    Just leave her, she'll sleep if she's tired, and if not she'll play.
    Babies are good at letting you know what they want, so just leave her be.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009