hard time

im haveing a very hard time beliveing in god after i lost my baby has any moms stopped beliveing in god when the last some one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not when I lost my baby. I was angry with him at the time and my faith slipped. i lost all faith when my request for a healthy normal baby ended with my son was diagnosed with autism. It's scary to let go of god, but I have been much happier since I did. I now realize my prayer wasn't answered because there was no one to answer it. All my strength comes from within. I don't need god any more and it's kind of refreshing. But you need to figure this out on yourown. What works for me may not be what works for you. It's ok to be angry and to feel betrayed. Work through it and give it time. Consult a therapist if necessary. Sorry for your loss.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I am so so sorry for your loss. I lost an angel at 8 weeks, so I know the heartache it can cause.

Let me start off by saying this was NOT God punishing you in any way - He had a greater plan for you and your child. I don't know your situation, but this just might not have been the right time for the angel to enter this world yet.

I know it's so hard to hold on to faith after something so horrible, but remember that God LOVES you, no matter what and He wants you to hold on to him. Remember the poem footprints:
    "Why, Lord, in my hardest times are there only one set of footprints?"
    "It was then, my child, that I carried you".

I am so sorry for what you are going through. It's never easy. Is it okay if I say a prayer for you? Only you can chose your spiritual path, and if you chose to not believe in God anymore, that is certainly your prerogative. But just remember that He loves you very much.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• well i started dateing my boyfriend he told me he did not belive in god and we talked about it and a lot of what he said makes sense and i started thinking is there really a god the we lost the baby and thats what pused me over the edge buti belive in god but then again i dont thats that make sense?
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry for your loss... I understand the pain of lossing a child, my little one was 10 days old when he became my angel... tho this was almost 28 yrs ago, the pain not be fresh, but it's still there ... yes my belief/faith in God ended (Christian version)... for many yrs I had no desire to believe in something that would take my little boy...
    You are going to have to make your own choices in your beliefs... you say you still believe in God, then go talk to someone, maybe a Pastor/Priest ... the pain is fresh for you and again I am so sorry for that loss and pain you are going thru... Your faith is being tested my dear it is going to be up to you to do a soul search ...

If you would like to talk please feel free to PM me anytime...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Dear Lord, I pray to You for the poster of this question. Please lift her up and comfort her during this time of loss. Lord, bring her comfort and show her that you are there. Lord I pray that today you find a way to reach out to her and show her Your love and goodness. Lord bring this mom through this tragic pain and help give her hope. Surround her in Your love. Lord you know her needs and her struggles, I pray that you provide for her. God bless this mom today with Your love. Lord, help her to feel Your prescence and love for her. In Jesus name, Amen.
    ((hugs)) to you mama.
    Anonymous

• God said, “I am holding you by your right hand--I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, `Do not be afraid. I am here to help you.” Isaiah 41:13

Jesus said, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33

David said, "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." Psalm 56:8 and "O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:8

It is not wrong to wrestle with those feelings. Only God knows the depths of your pain and He is crying with you. We do have to go through sorrow and disappointment in this world, but we never have to go through it alone. He is always with us. I will be praying that you feel His presence with you as you grieve.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Always remember that sometimes God permit things happen in our lives for a reason it maybe that he is trying to tell you something. He gives us the oppurtunity and sometimes he takes them away. But just believe that he has a purpose for you and your family and he never gives us challenges that we can't handle be leave that too. God Bless you!
    ytapia

Answer by ytapia at 3:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I am so sorry to hear that. Do you know the story of Job? I believe it will help you in this time of need.
    God bless you.
    Anonymous

• i do nto know that story
    Anonymous

• sounds like you are leaning on being agnostic.

I'm an atheist (don't believe in God). However it wasn't a miscarriage that made me belief this. You can PM me for details on why I decided to change my beliefs. It was before I miscarried that I had these beliefs. I've had 2 miscarriages. So I know how heartbreaking this can be. As I said, feel free to pm me if you want to talk further.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009