A Good Ob/GYN...Plz

I live in Laurel, Md and i am trying to find new OB/GYN here and no far no luck!!! I don't want to go back to my old doctor because i didn't like the hospital i Delivered out of. So can any of you guys help me plz....and maybe someone who delivers out of Anne Arundel Medical center would be great....

sunshinestar110

Asked by sunshinestar110 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are a low risk pregnancy, have you considered a midwife and a home birth or birth center? They can handle all emergencies, usually are more personable than OB's and you usually have a better birth than a hospital. Just a suggestion :)

Click HERE for a list of OB's out of that med center.

HERE is a birth center

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't think a midwife or birthing center is the thing for me. my tolerance for pain is very low so i might need some drugs to get through it. But thanks for the suggestion!!!!
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• you never know what you are capable of unless you try! You don't need a high pain tolerance, just the right mindset!

Good luck with whatever choice you make though, it may be worth looking into alternatives (maybe read Ina May Gaskin's "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" and "Birthing from Within" (for got the author). They can be very helpful, especially if it's your first pregnancy or you just want to look at other options! I had a hospital birth with my first, and am planning a home birth. I don't have a *high* pain tolerance, but know what I want!

Have fun with being preggo and congrats!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When you choose one ask questions about things you find important to see what their policy is. For example I talked to my dr. about episiotomies since some doctors just do them as routine and found out that he doesn't unless it's an absolute emergency.

Think of some things that are important to you and talk to him/her about it. If they don't seem to be on the same page as you, you can always switch to someone else.

Good luck!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009