who thinks its fair they pick names out a box instead of first come first serve for pre-k?

I was there on the first day 7 in the morning.
10th person there and because they did not pick her name out of a box
she cannot go to school this year. i find that very unfair.

saraward08

Asked by saraward08 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• IMO that is unfair. I say "first come, first served."
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I tend to agree with you, not just for preschool either. If there are not enough slots then it should be first come first served.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• agreed
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 3:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I agree - that is so wrong!
    mrslloyd

Answer by mrslloyd at 3:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes it is very frusterating,because one of her friends got in and they were 27 on the list.
    yet i did not get my daughter in.Obviously the first to come are the ones that make it a high priority. you know?
    saraward08

Answer by saraward08 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Thank ya'll glad i'm not the only one who thinks so.
    saraward08

Answer by saraward08 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Wow I know up here that registration is based on first come first serve. My SIL was told that when she was going to sign up her son.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I completely agree. I am glad that the preschool that I chose for my son is first come, first serve. It is a shame that the people who took the initiative to get there early/ on time didn't necessarily get the slots.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• it is stupid.. but since the principal & i are good friends my lo may get to start when she's 4 anyways :) but that's over a year from now so we'll see
    Anonymous

• There are pluses to both methods, and minues too.

What about people who simply can't get there at the crack of dawn? The car breaks down, someone is sick, can't get off of work, etc. Having everyone's name put in a box eliminates that concern. Everyone gets a chance regardless of what else may be going on in the family's life.

The two preschools I'm looking at for my daughter are both first come-first served. My husband will have to take time off of work to watch our daughter will I get up at the crack of dawn to stand in line to try to get her in. Is it worth it? I hope so. At least his boss is flexible and won't mind. Many bosses aren't so nice.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009