What do single moms do when there kids are with there BioDad?

I am a newly single mom. I have a 2 year old daughter. My Ex has her for the next couple of days and this is the longest i have ever been away from her. What are some things you do when your kids are gone to fill the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Try to go and see friends (though I do not have many here local) clean the house (ugh) and read! Sometimes I just veg out and watch a movie or some TV.
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 3:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Pee without an audience?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Run errands, clean the house, catch up on laundry, sleep in.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 3:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Take a long, hot shower (bath).
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• LOL fistandantalus- amen to that...

I get as much sleep as I can, get chores done without being interrupted a thousand times, run errands, maybe even go out with friends.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• STAY BUSY!!! See friends, do something extra special for yourself (especially if its the first time) take yourself out -- to the movies, spa day, pedicure/manicure, book store, do something that makes you feel super special (When I take the kids to see their dad I take myself to a book store, indulge in a coffee drink and veg. reading).
    Also a great time to catch up on house work, errands, clothes shopping (you can finally go get a new bra -- okay for me this was a super big deal).
    It's hard to fill up the time, but it can be done, and believe it or not after a while it becomes less stressful and scary and it can become an important part of being a mommy b/c it allows you to recharge.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• read, catch up on TV, walk with an adult stride! Clean, laundry, cook, play on the computer, sometimes work, read and did I mention catch up on TV?
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Oh Lord please enjoy it. If he is responsible then relax and enjoy it. Mine is a dead beat dad and then we have my Dh's DD every other week end...so we always have kids. That would be so awesome to have a built in baby sitter.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009