34 weeks and braxton hicks getting stronger and stronger...

I assume that this is normal as you get closer to your due date, but I know a lot of women never feel braxton hicks - I'm wondering if I might end up having this baby early since these contractions are really starting to hurt! Do most women whose BHs get stronger and stronger and more often go into labor sooner? I've been told so many times that first babies come late, but it seems like my body is ready! What do you all think? Just curious... Thanks! :)

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• **OP** - One more thing - sometimes I'm not sure if I'm having BHs or if the baby's movements are just starting to get really uncomfortable... I just feel like there's a lot going on in there!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• If the contractions are getting stronger and make your stomach tight then it may be real contractions. Time them, if it's 5 minutes apart for 2 hours (first child) 1 hour (second child) then go to your Labor & Delivery Triage to get checked out. Good luck!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009