Need some Suggestions!!

Can anyone help me out with a good Bible verse! At my chruch were having like a Brunch so the sisters can get to know one another more and I am in charge of making the Flyer any Suggestions?

ytapia

Asked by ytapia at 3:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I like Romans 10:9

"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (NIV)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Hebrews 10:24-25 “And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more, as you see the day drawing near.”

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 4:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Isaiah 61:1-3- The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted., to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and day of vengeance of our God,to comfort all who mourn,and provide for those who grieve in Zion-to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendour.

This became one of my favorite passages when I went through the study "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. It's based on that passage. Cont.....
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• That study changed my life,and I came to love those verses so much. In fact, I discovered the whole book of Isaiah. Hope you find some good verses. God bless you and best wishes.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• what about the proverbs 31 woman? btw all of the above verses are awesome!!!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 5:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think you should use Titus 2:3-5 (King James Version)

3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Most women in this country who profess Christ to be their savior like to leave out the part about "keepin at Home". This would be a good and profitable study. Those who refuse to obey this instruction blaspheme the God they say they love~
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 11:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• How about Matthew 18:20

"Where two or three come together...there I am with them."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2009