Taking Clomid and scared to death of having twins!!

My husband acts like everything will be ok but I know the reality of it and it makes me nervouse. Dont get me wrong, if we got pregnant with twins Im going to loves those two babys like I love my son. I would never abbort or give my child up for adoption just so we have that clear. Im just wondering how on earth I will juggle twins and a three year old at the time. I have family but we dont speak because of there issues and the only friend I have lives in Kansas so its not easy just to have everyone come over and help. Of course my girlfreind did offer to help but she has a three year old her self. Any one else a little scared about how you would handle having twins? There is a 10% chance for me to have twins when there wasnt a chance at all befor. Crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• God never puts more on you than you can handle.. IT's hard.. and it's tough and there will be days that you can't stand it.. But you have double the joys, double the laughs, and double the happiness. And be thankful.. There are some moms who would LOVE to have twins, that can't get pregnant at all. So if there are twins or triplets.. You'll be scared and that is understandable.. But be thankful too..
    Anonymous

• Thank you for those words and yes your right, there are women out there who would love to have twins and I would be more excited about this if I didnt already have a child. I am still very much looking forward to have another child because we have been trying for 9 months but I just need some words of wisdom to lift me up if I do happen to get pregnant with twins. I guess Im more scared of failing as a mother and not being the best I can cause Im going to be so exhausted if that makes any since. And yes I am already thankful even though Im not pregnant yet because I have my beautiful son who I love more then life itself. I dont want to come off like I wouldnt be thankful if we had twins, Im just scared. Hope someone can understand that.
    Anonymous

• I understand you wer scared.. I took clomid for 5 months.. and the first two months.. I had 9 follicles open so it was a huge possiblity for triplets.. So I was scared just like you were.. So I repeated the phrase " God never puts more on us than we could handle" and figured that if it was meant to be for me, than I could handle it.. If you do have twins.. You'll be so excited when you see that ultrasound.. and already having one, you know how hard it is with one.. but my best friend had twins and said that it wasn't as BAD as she would have thought and they are 5 now.. Always just know in yourself that you can do it.. Don't ever feel like you would fail as a mother.. You have one son, if you think he's turned out fine, then guess what.. You are already a good momma! :)
    Anonymous

• I took Clomid and was also afraid of the risk of twins. I have a singleton. However, if you are worried about twins and a three-year-old, then maybe wait a year or two to start Clomid cycles.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 3:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Thank yous so much Ana.2:39 for understanding where Im coming from. 9 follicals that is scary lol. I know that I will be happy but i thought I had it down with my first son and thought it was going to be a breeze cause I have taken care of so many babys but you really dont know how it is untill you actually have a child. The first three months were the hardest but after that things finally came togeather. And Kara g. what is another year or two going to do? We want our chidlren close togeather and I will be taking Clomid now or two years, it doesnt matter cause I have PCOS so there will always be that chance of twins. We will be happy either way, it just will be a bigger challenge having twins. Thank you to everyone who has read any asnwered.
    Anonymous

• I just meant that twin infants would be easier if your eldest child were older and more independent (due to age).
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 4:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Oh ok, thats true but I just dont want my kiddos too far apart. Thanks for your advice though!
    Anonymous