penut butter????

i hear that if u eat too much of it it will make ur baby allergic to nuts??????????? is it true

honeyb690

Asked by honeyb690 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I personally do not believe this. I ate a lot of PB when I was pregnant with my daughter. She isn't allergic and she actually likes PB. I would only be concern if you have other family members who are allergic.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i heard this..but then again WIC makes you by it 24/7 lol..and im allergic to peanuts anyway haha
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• see im always getting craving for it even if its just to put it on a spoon and eat. but wic does give it to u thats y i was askin to see what people thought about it
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have heard this from many sources. Of course, I heard it after I had already had my son. As a vegetarian, I eat a lot of peanut butter for protein. There isn't anyone in my family or my husband's family with a peanut allergy. However, my son is HIGHLY allergic to peanuts. So I don't really know if this is true or not but in my case, it was. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance if I were to ever have another baby. Food allergies are a living hell so do whatever you can to prevent them.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• In my case this was not true. I at A LOT of peanut better when I was pregnant because it was the one thing that I could eat without getting sick.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 5:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't think that this is true either. I craved PB when I was preggo and my son isn't allergic to it. It is actually one of his favorite foods too.
    rttwilson

Answer by rttwilson at 11:31 PM on May. 22, 2009