While pregnant, did you ever get "feelings" about what the sex was and when you were gonna go into labour?

The reason i ask is cos i had this huge feeling that i was gonna have a boy. And it turns out im gonna have a boy.

Now i have this awkward feeling im gonna go into labour early. Like 36 weeks or something. I really hope im wrong.

Has anyone had these feelings?

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I tried not to think about it too much, that was just me. I didn't want to psych myself out for something, I am such a go with the flow kind of person anyway.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm going on 14 weeks and obviously don't know the sex of my baby yet but since the day i found out I have had this strong, pressing feeling that I am having a girl and everyone in the family thinks so too. We'll see! (:
    javila

Answer by javila at 3:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I always knew beyond a shadow of a doubt my kids were going to be boys- when I was pregnant.
    and each time I was right. (I never found out before they were born)
    I remember , not having found out, a lot of relatives swore my first would be a boy (how I carried, etc....) and actually gave me girl stuff at my baby shower. And I told them it would be a boy- and it was.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 3:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• As soon as I found that I was pregnant I said it was a boy and he'd have blonde hair and blue eyes. I was right :o). As for when I would go into labor, I didn't have any inclination until I was about 37 weeks along, but I said I would have my son on July 28th (he was due the 18th) well, I went into labor the morning of the 26th and had him on the 27th!
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 4:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I was convinced I was going to have a girl. When the baby was born and the doctor said it was a boy, I started to argue about it but then caught myself, he would know after all that it was a boy. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 4:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When I was pregnant w/ my son, I so thought it was a girl from the get-go. Wrong. Then I always had the feeling that I would be in labor for hours and it would end up w/ a c-section. Well I was right about that. This time around I thought I was pregnant w/ a girl, and got a girl, although was wanting another boy, but still very pleased that I'm having a girl. I keep having a feeling that I will go into labor on my own w/ this one and early, even tho I'm planning on having another c-section. We'll see, I'm 29 wks. Good luck to you.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• With my first pregnancy, I knew I was having a boy the day I found out I was pregnant. My husband and mother both didn't believe me, but I was right!
    I'm pregnant with our second, and I know it's a girl. We'll get our ultrasound to find out in a couple of weeks, but I know it's going to be a girl!
    I'm sure you're right that you'll go into labor early. Moms just get these feelings, and we know.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• oh yes i knew i was having a girl even though everyone in my family told me i was going to have a boy because of the way i was carrying, then i had a feelin my baby was going to be early not sure how early just early. my dd is april 27 and i have been having contractions come and go also i have dilated 1 cm maybe more now it was a wk since i have been ckd.
    sfewell09

Answer by sfewell09 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had a feeling I was going to have a boy early on, right after I found out I was pregnant.. My sister, who is a bit psychic, also predicted the sex correctly from early on. She also predicted my early labor. The night before I went into labor, my sister just told my mom out of the blue "The baby's coming very soon." The next day my water broke. I was almost 4 weeks from my due date. Weird, huh?
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 6:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009