wat should i do if my baby has bad gas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• use mylicon drops
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• TRY CAMOMILE TEA. YOU BOIL IT AND LET THE TEA COOL OFF,INSTEAD OF USING THE REGULAR DRINKING WATER USE THE CAMOMILE TEA WITH THE FORMULA. I KNOW IT SOUNDS WEIRD BUT IT ALWAYS WORKED FOR MY KIDS. CAMOMILE IS ALSO VERY GOOD FOR MENSTRUAL CRAMPS TOO(WARM). GOOD LUCK!! :)
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You can use gas drops like mylicon or even gripe water if the gas is excessive.
    If it's causing baby pain though then you will need to investigate what might be causing the gas.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• mylicon drops, do bicycle kicks, or lay him on his belly.. helped my son, or push his legs up to his belly a few times
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Put baby on their belly on your lap and just pat their bum.
    I know this will sound mean, but the more they cry, the harder they push, soo in the end the faster the gas comes out.
    Just make sure baby is safe over your lap, and have them work it out, they will learn how to push it out themselves that way.
    Plus if you're breast feeding, look at what you ate over the past few days.. and if you are formula feeding, try switching to broken down lactose formula, enfamil has a great kind that I use, or go straight to soy until a year old. Soy is easier to digest for babies ad their tummies can't handle lactose just yet.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My son is 3 months old and we have had a hard time with him burping. The best way to get him to burp for me is to stop after 2 ounces and pat his back gently, while gently bouncing him on my knee. Also I will change his diaper in the middle of a bottle sometimes. He cries usually, but this helps him to burp once he is calm again a lot faster. Plus the gas drops and gripe water help too. Good luck! Hope this helps
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• mylicon drops always worked well for both my girls.
    Kitty0907

Answer by Kitty0907 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I use Cocyntal with my baby. It's a homeopathic remedy that has absolutely no side effects and is completely safe. (which is why I use it) it has all natural ingredients that seem to work wonders with my little girl. She seems to know it helps her and when I give it to her she loves it. At first she wasn't such a huge fan of the taste, even though it says flavorless on the box. It comes in little vialed doses that are so easy to give. My pharmacist and ped recommended it to me, they both used it with their children and found it works 98% of the time. It help with reflux, gas, hiccups and it even says colic on the box... my daughter doesn't have colic, YET, so I don't know if it works for that but it's worth a try I bet.
    Liv32

Answer by Liv32 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009