Should I color my hair? I am too young for all this grey!!!!

I will be 30 in April and lately my hair has turned sooooo grey. Especially on the sides when i pull it into a pony tail.

I HATE keeping it colored, but I also dont like the grey.

What do you think? Color or no. Do you think it looks terrible to see a young woman with lots of grey, like she doesnt care for herself?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 3:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think grey ages women (and men) and when you are young, it isn't a good thing. I could understand if you were 50 and having this problem. Then I would say just go grey and be confident. But at 30, I can understand. I am 24 and having some problems start so I have thought about coloring my hair. I think it would bother you to let it go. I say that because if it didn't, you wouldn't have asked the question.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• LOL, my daughter is 24 and she has grey hair and she covers it up(inherited it from her Dad). Its no big deal. It will make you feel better about yourself.And who cares what others think. Make yourself feel good whatever you do☺
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• are you by chance pregnant?
    my sis started having grey hairs at 27 only because of pregnancy hormones but if not then i would only color it if you needed to like for special occasions, if you constantly color it too much, problems can occur.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• What's most important is what YOU think and how comfy you are with gray hair. It can be inherited and age doesnt mean a thing. I tend to think if my hair looks good,i feel so much better about myself. Do what makes you happy.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 4:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Grey is sexy and sophisticated especially if you keep it in a hip style!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 4:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm a salt and pepper gal. I started getting greys (mine are more white) when I was 19. I'm 34 now and love my natural color. I keep my hair cut short and sassy. Really cute! I think very long grey hair looks dated, but not so much on women our age if the style is up to date.

Too much coloring can end up damaging your hair and make it thin.
    Anonymous

• I'm 36 and about 50% gray now,but I color it.It started about age 21.I hate it,I don't look my age and I think it would be confusing to see me gray.I say,do whatever makes you feel your best.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009