does your husband..

give you his paycheck? how much does he keep? how are the bills split? just wondering how other mommies do it.
I get my hubbys check but he keeps as much or little as he wants of it. I put it away to pay bills and such. We go out to eat and take turns, either he pays with the money he kept or I pay with our money. He never questions were the money goes, does yours if in charge? and I never ask him to explain to me if he needs money I just give it too him. Are you on a spending limit with the money? or can you just spend as you feel fit? I don't have to ask but always do, I feel bad if I don't. I do contruibte to the money too (I work as well). Just wondering how everyones money is shared? Sorry if this to to personal it is not important that I know just wondering..

three-for-now

Asked by three-for-now at 4:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is how we do it it is all the same whenever I need something I go and get it or vise versa.

When we go out to eat he pays with the debit card the money we earn we just put it in the bank or keep a 20 on us for emergencies in cash. But it is all good and fair.

I know some people have seperate accounts and married, what is up with that???
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We tried the whole separate accounts thing but it really didn't work for us. He makes so much more than I did and I didn't think things were fair. He agreed so we put them together. We both work and make good money so neither one of us cares what the other spends money on. We are both responsible with it so it doesn't matter.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• that is how we feel too, although his pay triples mine a week... we do have seperate but only use one
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 4:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My husband just deposits his check and I pay all the bills, we do the grocery shopping together. He rarely takes money for himself and if he is does he let's me know so I can deduct it from our account. We live pay check to pay check so there isn't much left after paying bills and buying food, co-pays etc.

Anonymous

• His money is his and my money is mine and he makes the house payment and pays all the utilities and quite a few groceries and my cell phone and I pay for things for the kids my car and groceries too! it works fine for us
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My hubby's check get depostied directly, and I take care of all the bills. Since he is deployed I put some money every month into an account he uses.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I pay the big car and boat pmts and my small cc bills and daycare. He pays for everything else house pmt, utilities, groceries, gas and anything else we may need or want he makes 4x's the amount I make a year. He is also the money manager I just get the bills where they need to go.
    lesliebabl

Answer by lesliebabl at 4:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We have shared accounts. His paycheck goes into our main checking account automatically. I pay the bills, transfer money to or from accounts as needed, and do all the shopping as a rule. We both have check/atm cards and spend what we want, when we want. My DH will get cash bonuses at work sometimes, and what he does with that money is his business. He doesn't care if I take myself shopping or go to lunch with friends or whatever... It is a good deal for both of us. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my husband's paycheck is automatically deposited into the bank - and I buy what I want and so does he. It is my money just as much as it is his- becuase that is what he has decided. He doesn't tell me what to do with it or how I 'get'.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 4:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My husbands is deposited. I write all the checks and transfer money to checking as needed. I cash my check and that is the cash that we live on for day to day expenses.

Answer by Bmat at 4:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009