Poop question

My 3 year old's poop has been really large and hard for the past week or so. She goes every day and it hurts her, she cries when it comes out and she has no desire to get to the toilet, it just lands wherever she is. I've tried adjusting her diet with more fiber and liquids but no change. Is there a serious problem or can I just try like metamucil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• she probably need to eat more vegetable and fruits give her some prunes and make sure she drink more they have this medicine the is a stool softener the u mix with juice or milk and the help them out a little is call fleet hope it helps
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• applesauce ,pears these two fruits r the best for constipation i work in child nutr.. and fruit is a vital part of our food pyramid lots of people dont know that but pears works the best --chilled
    cuppycake2009

Answer by cuppycake2009 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• She sounds constipated. Push the fruit juices like apple and prune, and put in a call to the pediatrician if things do not improve soon.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• pear juice works wonders, chiropractor too
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My good friends daughter had issues like this that made potty training very hard, she was scared to poop cuz she knew it would hurt. She had something wrong with her intestines, so i would def alk to a dr. apple juice, pear juice work the best... not applesauce tho.
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my daughter had the same kind of problem at 3 months by 9 months i couldnt take the pain she was in any more so went to the doctors and they sent us to the hospital... the specialist gave us a script for milk of magnesia and it has worked wonders she goes at least 1 time a day with ease now.
    katzmcg

Answer by katzmcg at 11:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My DD had problems and so did my DS when they were under a year, my pediatrician had me give them Kondrumal, you can mix in their milk or juice. It worked great for my two. Also, try giving her apple juice, apples, grapes, etc. Applesauce actually doesn't help them go, if you ever heard of the BRAT diet, its for when toddlers have diarreha, its to help bind them and it stand for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast, so the applesauce may make it worse.
    dcoscia3

Answer by dcoscia3 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2009