Is that spray stuff they give you after birth for pain down there safe at 38 wks of pregnancy?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OOooooh the spayworked for me. I would think it would be fine, but if worried call the nurse at obgyn office or local pharm.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm not positive, but I would assume so. Just spray and walk away to avoid breathing in too many fumes.
    Anonymous

• I don't know, but for me that spray didn't do a damn thing!
    Anonymous

• what spray are you talking about, I gave birth naturally, had no pain relief during or after the birth.
    Anonymous

• what spray? I have never heard of a spray lol and why would you need it now? I assume it's a numbing spray if you tear etc?

I don't know how safe anything chemical is though. I loved the peri bottle for afterwards though, that was awesome (it was just a bottle w/ warm water to spray while peeing, etc.)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The spray is called dermaplast. The hospital I had my kids at sent me home with it. I need it know cause it is swollen and sore and the doc can't do any thing for the pain. And I just thought of the spray stuff. It hurts so bad, I can't even sit.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Hot/Cold compresses may help!... I don't know if the stuff will work, that you had before. I have never even heard of it!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009