Cable Bill - ugh

What does everyone do about thier cable bill? I just got mine and it went up $61 dollars a month because our year long promotion is over. It had gone up extreme a year ago and I called and complained and they lowered it and put us on this promotion. But now that's over it is Way TOO expensive again. We have cable, phone and internet all packaged together through Insight. Does anyone have any suggestions. (Other than get rid of your service...I know that answer and would love to but have to have a phone and internet for husbands job and hate to say it...love my TV - although I'm seriously considering giving it up!)

Val1313

Asked by Val1313 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Are there any other cable companies in the area? I would call your cable office and talk to them about it some more. Maybe they can give you a break on something. A lot of cable offices are offering "economy packages" now that are even cheaper than basic and don't have as many "fluff" channels. You could talk to them about that. I work for a cable company and we offer a $9.99/month package but it's like only 10 channels. Talk to them about your options. They want to keep customers!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I WISH my bill was that low. However I have a bundle that's cable, internet, and phone (including unlimited long distance which for us is cheaper than paying long distance since all our family lives in long distance areas. I would call them and see about lowering it if that's to high for you guys. GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 4:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I feel your pain, AGH! We have all the services on one too! other than checking into a satelite/dish company and regular phone. (splitting them all back up) I don't know what options we have.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Do you have Comcast available in your area? They offer a good package on home phone, internet, and cable.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• How much is your service charing for phone including group rate discounts? vonage is $27 a month and I've had a good experiance. I have comcast (which I HATE!) and just use them for cable and internet. There are other options. My dad uses bellsouth for DSL high speed which works well. They will usually bundle a phone pacakge, but then you are on your own for cable. Maybe satilite? You'd just have to see what combinations there are and what you're willing to pay.
    Anonymous

• Wow, that's an excellent price for phone, cable and internet. I sure wish I payed that. We pay $150 for those together. You have it great!!!
    Anonymous

• She said it went up $61 a month not up TO $61 a month. Meaning (for example) if she only paid $10 a month before she now pays $71.
    Anonymous

• I wish I knew what t tell you - I recently had the same problem and there is only the one compnay that offers cable in our area - we didnt have cable for almost 10 years but my daughter really loves her PBS shows I wouldnt want to live with her without her Sprout
    Anonymous

• Get rid of the cable and watch your shows online!!!! Almost everyone broadcasts online (i watch fox, cbs, nbc, and cw online).
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009